I Am Good

One thing have to keep reminding myself is that my favourite pastime is to hurl abuse at myself.  I look for every opportunity to do so and this Quest to find Little Raven Healer can't fall victim to this practice of mine.

My sister scolded me today telling me harshly that my New Years Resolution should be to leave myself the Hell ALONE!!  She reacted to a comment I made about having to lose two pounds.  She is struggling with her weight so I know I struck a chord with her.  (Note to self: was this intentional?  Sad if it was but I do know it was subconscious if it was).

It was reminder to stay true to the theme of this week.  I am Good.  I am a whole person with strengths and weaknesses.  I am inconsistent but I'm not giving up.  I overindulge and I eat well. I sometimes do both at the same time.

I have some brilliant ideas.  I act on few.  I am hoping that, as Little Raven Healer emerges, so will my creative spirit and willingness to indulge it.

I love bounding on my rebounder but sometimes when I jump I pee a bit.  I hate it but I have learned that the first few weeks of jumping showcase my weak bladder control but the consistent jumping is exactly what fixes this leaky problem over a short period of time.  So I jump and pee a bit.  For now.

I went to the used clothing store and treated myself to two skirts and a few tops.  I found a sweet dress for my vacation down south.  More on my upcoming six week Costa Rican Spiritual Journey coming soon.  What a fine display of contradictions I am.  I buy my clothes at consignment shops and take months long tropical vacations.  Hey I can't afford both. Vacations wins for now.

I've been loosely following my Morning Ritual with lots of stops and starts.  The sun is only rising at 7:40 a.m. tomorrow and tonight the sun set at 4:40 so it's a little hard to welcome the morning at six when it only arrives at 8:00.. just sayin'

I've been crocheting a giant granny square afghan for my grandson.  I've been working on one for each of my seven grandkids.  This is my third.  I've picked it up after a couple of weeks neglect over the Christmas holidays.

Smudged this week and signed up for a drumming circle.  I am very fortunate that my life is so rich in love, home, family and friends.  I must force myself to reach out to all the good people who are part of my life.  I am a hermit at heart.  My husband would argue the opposite.  He things I am over the top in my entertaining.  What he does not understand is that, for me, my family is everything and they do not invite us over very often so if I want to see my sweet grandchildren before they grow up I have to do the inviting.  I have needs that must be met and one of those is being an active part of my grandkids lives.  This need interrupts my hermit lifestyle.  it's worth it.

So I am good.  Not perfect but not so bad.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Me

Costa Rica for Six Weeks

Who is Little Raven Healer?