Morning Ritual

I know that the most important tool I have at my disposal to invite Little Raven Healer to gradually emerge is the establishment of a simple morning routine filled with tiny rituals.

These morning rituals include silence, affirmations, visualization, exercise, reading and scribing (conveniently spelling the word (S-A-V-E-R-S for handy reference.

I've challenged myself to complete a SAVERS routine each day in whatever order works best.  I know that I cannot drag myself out of bed before the sun rises to immediately start jumping on my rebounder.  But if I put the rebounder in a prominent place and keep it there I'll either eventually trip over it or put in the 4 eight minute jumping sessions that I've determined as a minimal requirement in the exercise area of my well being.

The silence is easy but clearing my mind of thought is the challenge.  I go easy on myself and gently call my mind back to the nothingness of being whenever it strays during the short ten minutes I've allotted myself to meditate.

I've began making a list of weekly affirmations that reflect the journey I am traveling.  This first week I've decided that "I am good" is an important mantra to remind myself of this truth.  I will repeat this mantra as I jump on my rebounder and as I go about my day.  My life so far has taught me that throughout my life, I've been conditioned to believe that I am in some way or another, an unlikeable person.  This may sound harsh but it's the reality that has been the darkness that overshadows much of the colourful tapestry of my life.  I am Good!

Visualization is the fun part where I picture myself as a tiny little Granny with waist length white hair braided down her back wearing a long cotton skirt and a fringed shawl as she kneels in the garden collecting herbs.  She is barefoot, tanned with a weathered face and veined hands.  She is smiling and happy.

My exercise of choice (especially in the winter) is jumping on my little mini trampoline or rebounder for a few sessions a day.  I hope to include a few of these sessions in my morning routine but am firm that a minimum of four 8 minute jumping periods will be done each day.  This rebounding will help me in a few areas of my life.  I will be toned and muscular after a few weeks of regular jumping.  The bouncing movement cleans my lymphatic system and is extremely good for my health; so good that I plan to dedicate a full post to it's benefits.  My balance will continue to be strong by jumping daily which will make it easier to avoid falling.

This morning when I was practicing my first SAVERS routine I realized that I had not planned on the reading for this morning.  I went in my dark bedroom where my husband was sleeping and, not wanting to disturb him, grabbed the first book that jumped out at me.  It was tao te ching by Lao Tzu and translated by Stephen Mitchell.  How appropriate!  I will be reading for a timed period every morning and this is a wonderful place to start.

Scribing is what I am doing currently.  Blogging is my way of capturing my thoughts on paper with the possibility of getting feedback or, minimally, having my words easily accessible when I am not using my own PC.  I will spend the next forty or so weeks journalling about my quiet walk towards authenticity.  I will record my small successes, my difficulties, the interactions I have with loved ones, the highs and the lows of this powerful last hurrah I am experiencing.

Discipline is a quality I've told myself I do not possess.  I wish to steadfastly prove myself wrong.

Waking up early is difficult but today I managed to watch the sunrise in all it's orange glory.

I must sign off now as it is time to begin to live my life with presence, self love and serenity on this first day of Little Raven Healer's emergence.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Me

Costa Rica for Six Weeks

Who is Little Raven Healer?